Asian Cucumber Salad (Sunomono Salad)

I love going to sushi and getting the Sunomono Salad. It is so delicious. The lightly pickled cucumbers in the salty soy-vinegar mixture is so tasty. I love making my own and eating it outside on my back porch when its really hot. It just makes me cooler. Many Sunomono Salad recipes have sugar and rice wine in them. This one has simple ingredients and is easy and quick to make, especially if you have a mandolin slicer (remember when I suggested getting one? I told you it comes in handy!)

....................

Asian Cucumber Salad (Sunomono Salad)
Makes 4 servings 2.5 net carb per serving (1/2 cup) 2 net carb from veggies


3/4 cups rice vinegar
1/4 c water
1 tablespoon xylitol
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon tamari
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 cups sliced cucumber (about 2 cucumbers)
1 seaweed square, sliced thin (I fold mine up in a long rectangle and then cut it across to make thin strips) like these. You can find them at most grocery stores in the Asian foods section.

Stir together vinegar, water, sugar, garlic, soy sauce and oil in a large bowl. Add cucumbers and seaweed, cover and chill 1 hour. Serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment