Sautéed Garlic Collard Greens

I remember avoiding any food that was dark green as a child and well into my teens. I immediately turned up my nose at anything green that wasn't the same tint as lime Jello. It must be a kid thing, because come to think of it, I don't think I've ever heard of a kid listen when their parents tell them to "eat your greens".

Well, your kids probably wont want anything to do with this recipe. But all I can say to that is,

MORE FOR YOU!!!

This recipe is so easy and is quite delicious and easily doubles. No need to switch pans, just add a clove or two more garlic, but the butter and oil can stay the same. Make sure and wash your greens very well, and cut the leaves off of the stalks. Now, I know that some people will eat the stalks, but I don't like them, my husband doesn't like them, and just about everyone I know doesn't like them... so listen to me when I say... take the leaves off the stalks. (Your jaws will thank you later when you are not eating a hard, chewy mess.)
....................

Sautéed Garlic Collard Greens
Serves 2 4.5 Net Carbs, 2.5 from veg, 184 calories

-1 bunch greens (Collard, Mustard, Swiss Chard, etc. The one pictured is Collard Greens), washed well, stems removed, leaves torn into smaller pieces.
-3 cloves Garlic, thinly sliced
-1 tbs olive oil
-2 tbs butter

1. Melt butter and oil together in a large skillet over high heat. When butter no longer bubbles, add the garlic.
2. Sauté garlic until fragrant and garlic starts to brown.
3. Add your greens and sauté until they wilt. Once there, remove from heat, and serve. Yum.

0 comments:

Post a Comment