Fast Fixin: Beef Strogonoff Bowls

Tonight I didn't want to cook dinner. I'll completely admit it. I love cooking, but some days, I just DON'T want to. Sigh. Well, this is a really easy dinner and it's done in less than half an hour. Mega plus, it's comfort food. I remember my mum making Beef Strogonoff over egg noodles when I was younger ("This is a recipe I learned when I was a little girl in Girl Scouts" She'd say every time we ate it. Aaaah memories. I love you mummy!) and the memories always flood back to me with every bite. It's so delicious with the creamy sauce and the Worcestershire Sauce truly makes the dish. Yum.

Note: I don't normally LOVE to use frozen cauliflower for faux-tatoes. It tastes more... well, "cauliflower-y" than fresh cauliflower does. However, in this recipe, it's quite nice. It thickens up the sauce a bit and it's really delicious! I usually make this recipe into three portions: One toddler size and then the rest split between my husband and I. You could add more meat and a side salald and it will feed four nicely. Just remember to adjust the carb count for however many you are feeding. This carb count is for serving two.

Beef Strogonoff Bowls
7 Net Carbs 3 from Veggies
Serves 2

1- 1 1/2 lbs steak (choose a good cut so it's not too chewy. I usually use a sirloin.) cut in bite size pieces about 1" square
aalt and pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 white onion, 1/2 sliced thinly and the other half diced
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
1/2 tablespoon paprika
1-2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup hot water
1 teaspoon beef bullion
1/4 cup sour cream
1 bag of frozen cauliflower
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons cream
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup of Italian blend cheese

1. Season the steak with salt and pepper and brown in 2 tablespoons olive oil. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in the pan. Add the garlic and onion and sauté until translucent and lightly browned. Add Mushrooms. Sauté until soft. Add Paprika and Worcestershire sauce. Sauté for 1 minute until fragrant. Add water and bullion and let simmer for another minute or two. Stir in sour cream and let simmer for about 5-10 minutes until the sauce slightly thickens.
3. While sauce is cooking, put the cauliflower and water in a microwave safe bowl. Put in the microwave for 8 minutes. Once cooked, drain the water from the cauliflower throughly. Using your stick blender (Yep, that again! I hope you went and bought one!) blend your cauliflower together with the cream and the butter. Mix in the cheese.
4. Once your faux-tatoes are finished, add a serving into a bowl. Top with Strogonoff. Be sure to add extra Strogonoff sauce to your bowl-- the cauliflower really thickens it up and is DE-LISH mixed together. Yummy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment